Today I decided to put some time in trying to use a different driver for
using the openvox B200P card in the ubuntu installed asterisk in
. mISDN has a few stability issues in this setup (ubuntu 8.04
LTS amd64, asterisk 1.4.17 from ubuntu source recompiled for misdn support)
where I can't unload the driver (instant kernel warning message and module
system wedged) and sometimes after a long while the internal channel got
confused and rejected calls, needing a restart of Asterisk.
So I tried the other route: the qozap
driver with bristuff
comes with ubuntu as package zaptel-source. Configuring this driver was a
bit of a puzzle. Step one: don't load ztdummy because that will confuse the
TE / NT choice is done by the module parameter ports
for the module,
the bitmapped value of the TE / NT configuration. In my case I created /etc/modprobe.d/zaptel
options qozap ports=2
So the second port is switched to NT mode, which matches the jumper setup.
The working samples are documented at ZaptelBRI -
The qozap driver sort of
works on the TE side (the side facing the phone company). Diving deeper
into docs from openvox showed that the openvox cards need a slightly
changed qozap driver source from http://downloads.openvox.cn/pub/drivers/bristuff/patches/
. It helps to find that the version of bristuffed in Ubuntu 8.04 is
The current state is working up to a level: I can dial numbers from the
internal isdn phone to the external isdn line and I can accept calls, but
trying to get dialtone from asterisk results in:
-- Extension 's' in context 'internte' from 'xxxxxxx' does not exist. Rejecting call on channel 0/2, span 2
which looks like the problem mentioned in Re: [Asterisk-Users] zaphfc problem: overlapdial don't work after update bristuff
but that change
(and a complete recompile of my asterisk package) did not do the work.
Browsing the source of chan_zap shows a lot of places where it can decide to
switch to 's'.