2010-05-31 Messages from the Barracuda E-mail filte ... 10 years ago
Messages from the Barracuda E-mail filter are quite useless. When you request information about a specific IP being blocked you get the very, very generic story:We are sorry you have reached this page because an email was blocked based on its originating IP address having a "poor" reputation. The "poor" reputation may have been caused by one of the following reasons:Which is completely useless when you need information what is causing this listing and whether the spam flow is already stopped. I'm not gambling on trying the 'request removal' link until I know what is causing this.
- Your email server contains a virus and has been sending out spam.
- Your email server may be misconfigured.
- Your PC may be infected with a virus or botnet software program.
- Someone in your organization may have a PC infected with a virus or botnet program.
- You may be utilizing a dynamic IP address which was previously utilized by a known spammer.
- Your marketing department may be sending out bulk emails that do not comply with the CAN-SPAM Act.
- You may have an insecure wireless network which is allowing unknown users to use your network to send spam.
- In some rare cases, your recipient's Barracuda Spam Firewall may be misconfigured.