2011-09-28 On Monday I got around to working on the ... 8 years ago
On Monday I got around to working on the weatherstation project again and I assembled the 'weather shed' I built and fixed it to the shed. It's painted white, it faces north, it is 1.5 meters above the ground level and it ventilates outside air. It's just not in a grassy field with lots of space in all directions, it's in our back yard. The result: the Weather station Utrecht Overvecht now has 'real' numbers for the temperature and humidity (air pressure inside and outside the shed is the same). Comparing it to measurements inside the shed shows that there was quite some dampening of changes and a delay. It's good to have something I've been working on for ages 'done'. It is partially done because I still need to develop the (low-power) computer for inside the shed. Update: Pictures! Weatherstation set on Flickr by kvdhout.