Wireless access-point TP-LINK TL-WDR4300 firmware / 2017-07-17

2017-07-17 Wireless access-point TP-LINK TL-WDR4300 firmware 3 years ago
Recently the wireless access-point decided that I should not have access to the management interface. I even tried both the IPv4 address I assigned and the default IPv4 address it gets. And the last days I noticed strange delays, which may have been caused by channel overlaps. So I wanted access to the management interface to check the channel settings. I noticed the management interface decided to respond again on the IPv4 address I assigned, and I saw new firmware available which should also help with some stability issues.

Firmware upgraded, and after the upgrade and automatic reboot my access was gone again. Time for the suggested factory reset to get everything back to normal. Done, and I was able to set it up again from scratch with the right configuration.

Maybe I should start running some kind of wiki or something to keep internal documentation of my home network. I had a hard time remembering several details of my own setup recently.

Tags: , ,

IPv6 check

Running test...
, reachable as koos+website@idefix.net. PGP encrypted e-mail preferred. PGP key 5BA9 368B E6F3 34E4 local copy PGP key 5BA9 368B E6F3 34E4 via keyservers

RSS
Meningen zijn die van mezelf, wat ik schrijf is beschermd door auteursrecht. Sommige publicaties bevatten een expliciete vermelding dat ze ongevraagd gedeeld mogen worden.
My opinions are my own, what I write is protected by copyrights. Some publications contain an explicit license statement which allows sharing without asking permission.
Other webprojects: Camp Wireless, wireless Internet access at campsites, The Virtual Bookcase, book reviews
This page generated by $Id: newsitem.cgi,v 1.54 2020/12/31 15:36:31 koos Exp $ in 0.005894 seconds.