Building my own balun, part 6: Redo and some success: a working antenna again / 2018-04-23

2018-04-23 Building my own balun, part 6: Redo and some success: a working antenna again 2 years ago
After the previous measurements showed the balun and dipole under the roof weren't acting as a perfect combination. So time to do a few things better: more windings, less leftover wire and a switch to a voltage balun. Yes, other sources indicate a current balun is better, but I decided otherwise. The Fritzel balun turned out to be a voltage balun after I removed it from the dipole antenna.

Balun project version 2 in case So I used the instructions at 1:1 voltage balun by VK6YSF to rebuild it as a voltage balun and I made sure the wires were shorter in the end. Getting the shorter wires in the right places in the case did get me some slightly burned fingers!

Success is currently defined as "I can transmit a carrier on the 20 meter or 10 meter band and the SWR meter of my radio only goes up a few segments" which isn't very scientific, I will need to do the rest of the measurements with the SWR meter to be sure.

Other parts of this project:

Tags: , ,

IPv6 check

Running test...
, reachable as koos+website@idefix.net. PGP encrypted e-mail preferred. PGP key 5BA9 368B E6F3 34E4 local copy PGP key 5BA9 368B E6F3 34E4 via keyservers

RSS
Meningen zijn die van mezelf, wat ik schrijf is beschermd door auteursrecht. Sommige publicaties bevatten een expliciete vermelding dat ze ongevraagd gedeeld mogen worden.
My opinions are my own, what I write is protected by copyrights. Some publications contain an explicit license statement which allows sharing without asking permission.
Other webprojects: Camp Wireless, wireless Internet access at campsites, The Virtual Bookcase, book reviews
This page generated by $Id: newsitem.cgi,v 1.54 2020/12/31 15:36:31 koos Exp $ in 0.006176 seconds.