Upgraded another system at home, now serving webpages with TLSv1.3 / 2021-03-17

2021-03-17 Upgraded another system at home, now serving webpages with TLSv1.3 1 month ago
Encrypt all the things meme After the recent work on updating the TLS settings for the webservers at home there was one element missing: TLSv1.3 support.

This needed an upgrade of openssl and the 'easy' way to get there was a full upgrade of the server running the external facing proxy. So I took that step yesterday evening. Made a snapshot first and started upgrading devuan ascii to beowulf.

After the update a lot of things were broken: I defined a non-standard location for bind9 logging and AppArmor disagreed. Without a working nameserver a lot of stuff breaks internally! So after managing to get on the upgraded system with console I changed the AppArmor rules to allow it. After that things started again.

For the next time I manage to break the resolving nameserver: I should remember that avahi/multicast dns works on most systems even when DNS resolving fails. I checked and I can use .local names to get to the right equipment.

After checking how everything is running for about a day I threw out the old snapshot.

Tags: , , , ,

IPv6 check

Running test...
, reachable as koos+website@idefix.net. PGP encrypted e-mail preferred. PGP key 5BA9 368B E6F3 34E4 local copy PGP key 5BA9 368B E6F3 34E4 via keyservers

RSS
Meningen zijn die van mezelf, wat ik schrijf is beschermd door auteursrecht. Sommige publicaties bevatten een expliciete vermelding dat ze ongevraagd gedeeld mogen worden.
My opinions are my own, what I write is protected by copyrights. Some publications contain an explicit license statement which allows sharing without asking permission.
Other webprojects: Camp Wireless, wireless Internet access at campsites, The Virtual Bookcase, book reviews
This page generated by $Id: newsitem.cgi,v 1.54 2020/12/31 15:36:31 koos Exp $ in 0.023045 seconds.